Friday 23 May 2014

Body Image...

So the big issue is getting bigger and I don't know why but I wanted to take a big leap and talk about something serious for once. I watched a programme last night surrounding body image in young adults it was mainly about it in men but I don't know anything about that. But in girls I do so I looked more deeper into it to realise that it was getting more serious. 
Personally, I think that it is because of all the ads on TV or in shops.  And also all of the manikins are so small that it's not reality and makes us think we need to be that size. But none of that world is real for all we know the signs could be photo shopped and for the manikins well they aren't even real people (if you look you can see the pins they put in the clothes to fit them)
I am not a size 8 sometimes I don't fit in a 10. But that doesn't matter people aren't gonna like you when you as thin as a stick. Sometime I have days when I don't feel positive about how much I weigh but my friends always say to me that I'm not fat and that things like that should be banned from being said. I am not saying go eat 1000 burgers but nobody needs to be like the models on TV. Your beautiful whatever size. If you are going though any bad body image problems then don't worry go to your friends and tell people. If you hold it inside in till it gets worse then it could be to late. 


Here comes for the stats that nobody knows what the hell they mean. But these ones aren't that complex. More than 90% of 15-17 year old girls want to change at least on part of there appearance (body weight the highest part). 80% of 10 year olds are afraid of being fat. Does a 10 year old even know what fat really is? Isn't this to young to worry? Nearly 12% of teen boys are using supplement or steroids. I know people experiment but with things that could send you into hospital isn't good. About a quarter of girls aged 15-17 would consider going under the knife for beauty (plastic surgery). Part of this must of come from the fact that a lot of actors have had it and never change but it still isn't good. The last one 7 in 10 girls think that they are not good enough for looks, school or a relationship.
Just to finish there is help out there and people can always help. Anyway hope you all didn't mind a serious post and that it was not to boring. Hopefully, it helped at least one person. 

xx Freya Owen xx
Elan Beauty
oxo  

No comments:

Post a Comment